Among the most common complaints I’ve encountered interacting with fellow readers on our community here is the frustration that comes with the trial and error approach to finding an effective scar removal treatment that actually gets the job done.
Keloid scars are without a doubt among the most difficult marks to get rid of on skin. While there aren’t many great natural home remedies for keloid scar removal, there are a few that work better than others.
That said, the purpose of this guide is to explore some of the more reliable home remedies, while also acknowledging and accepting their inherent limitations.
I personally recommend Revitol Keloid Scar Cream alongside some natural solutions. You can realistically expect good results following such a skin care regimen. When it comes to keloids I’ve found Revitol, with its all-natural formula, works exceptionally well with results appearing in just over three weeks.
Enough about topical creams though, let’s get started with discussing some fast-acting solutions for keloid scar removal you can take advantage of comfortably within the confines of your own home.
There’s absolutely no question about it – lemon juice is one of the best ingredients found in every home that offers a wide range of benefits to the skin, hair, and in fact the entire body.
With an abundance of antioxidants and vitamin C, lemon juice is exceptionally potent for the treatment and removing of keloids, old and new. Following the steps below for using lemon juice on your scars:
- Squeeze the juice out of a fresh lemon.
- Apply this juice on the affected parts of your skin, just a dab is fine – be sure not to overdo it since lemons can be especially potent when applied undiluted on sensitive parts of the skin.
- Leave it on your skin for at least 20 minutes before proceeding to wash it off with some warm water.
- Ensure that you repeat the process at least once daily for a minimum of three months for noticeable results.
Within a few weeks of consistent application you can expect to see some improvement in the color tone, texture and overall health of your scar.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Long associated with effective and inexpensive natural skin care, apple cider vinegar is found in many natural creams and gels for keloid scar removal.
The easy-to-follow instructions below will help you gain the most from this potent ingredient found in most homes today:
- Dab a little solution on your scars and begin to gently massage it in order to aid fast absorption.
- Leave it alone and let it dry for a few minutes before proceeding to apply it once again.
- Repeat the above two steps a few times everyday for at least a month to see noticeable improvements.
- Be cautious with this remedy, not all people have skin that tolerates ACV well. You could also consider diluting it with warm water.
ACV is great for reducing the size and prominence of particularly serious, reddened scars.
Sandalwood Powder With Rose Water
Widely known to be a great skin toner, rose water certainly has enjoyed a long association with natural skin care. Lesser known, and perhaps a lot more effective though is the combination of sandalwood powder and rose water.
Here’s how you can derive the maximum benefits from both these natural remedies:
- Mix equal parts of rose water and sandalwood powder until you get a thick paste.
- You could also consider adding some black pulses to this paste if you have it lying around.
- Be sure to clean the area(s) you’re planning to apply this paste on before application.
- Leave it overnight; wash it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Continuing application daily for a few months is recommended for best results.
Have you found a particular homemade natural remedy that’s proven to be effective against keloid scars for you? Let us know in the comments below.