Injury scars can be a real pain. Not only do they hurt when you get them, they stay with you for a long time and are really hard to get rid of. But if nature has taught us anything, it’s that it has a solution for most of our problems, especially medical and cosmetic problems. It’s true, and lots of medicines and cosmetics feature natural ingredients as critical active components in their formulas.
Yes, that’s right – we’re a firm believer in trying natural remedies before opting for potentially harmful chemical solutions.
The same is true if you’re exhausted searching for an effective injury scar removal treatment that doesn’t cost a small fortune. Some inexpensive, readily available natural ingredients might just be the solution that you’ve been looking for.
Keeping that in mind, let’s go through the 5 best natural home remedies to get rid of injury scars and marks:
We all know of this miracle plant and its healing properties when it comes to skin and hair. Given its significant benefits for scar removal aloe vera has found its way in many popular and effective skin care products available today. But that doesn’t meant you can’t use the plant directly on your skin.
Follow these steps for your very own homemade face mask for the removal of injury scars:
- To begin with first peel the outer green cover off an aloe vera leaf.
- Next, gently scoop out the gooey gel out.
- Now take this gel and apply it on your scars in circular motions. In case you have sensitive skin be sure to apply it on a small spot first to test for any potential side effects.
- Be sure to leave the gel in place for at least 30 minutes, after which you can proceed to to wash it off.
- Daily application is recommended, maybe even twice a day if you have the time.
Another incredibly effective ingredient you can use for injury scars removal is coconut oil. Yes, we all know just how good this oil is for improving the quality of the hair, but lesser known is its ability to repair damage on the skin to produce a natural, healthy glow.
Follow the steps below to make your very own natural treatment to get rid of those marks left behind from injuries:
- The first step is obviously to procure some high grade coconut oil. In case it isn’t in liquid form already you’ll need to melt it – just be sure not to burn it. A few seconds ought to be enough.
- Massage the oil on your skin for ten minutes in small, circular motions. Be gentle and allow the oil to soak into your skin. Those of you prone to developing acne might want to consider skipping coconut oil altogether.
- Be sure to leave it on your skin for at least an hour or so. Repeating this at least once a day daily, if not more.
Lemon is found in some of the most popular home remedies for scar removal. Almost as popular as Aloe Vera and honey, lemons have a lot to offer your skin.
Take a look at the easy-to-follow instructions below to make use of lemons:
- Squeeze some fresh juice out of some lemons and massage it onto your skin for a few minutes. In case you have sensitive skin it might be a good idea to dilute the lemon juice with an oil – Vitamin E or olive is a good substitute.
- Be sure to wash it off after 10-15 minutes; left for too long lemon can do more harm than good to your skin.
Here’s how you can make use of honey, among the oldest, most effective ingredients found naturally, to get rid of your scars:
- Honey takes a while longer to begin showing positive results, which is why you should ideally apply it on the affected area(s) and leave it there overnight.
- Be sure to wash it off with some warm water the next morning. Daily application before going to bed is highly recommended.
- Another great way to use honey is in the form of a face scrub using equal parts honey and sugar.
Vitamin E Oil
While this isn’t necessarily found naturally in a form you can apply to your skin directly, we would be remiss to ignore the importance of vitamin E in ensuring healthy skin. The following steps will help you maximize the results possible with this incredibly potent oil:
- Take some vitamin E capsules, open them to squeeze the oil out onto your fingers.
- Gently massage the oil on your scars in small, circular motions for about 15-20 minutes.
- Consider leaving the oil in place for between 20-30 minutes before proceeding to wash it off with some warm water.
Know of some great natural remedies you’ve found to be particularly effective against injury scars? Please feel free to add them to the comments below for inclusion to this list.